BDE 1.0 Beta 1 for Windows

Alex Makhotin alex at bitprox.com
Fri May 21 14:46:33 PDT 2010

Matthias Pleh wrote:

> Unfortunatly it's abandoned.
> But it has an option to set the interface to GDB-mode (-cli=gdb), so you
> may not change the code to integrate the debugger, and it would help,
> until the support for gdb is finished!!
> I have tried to set the debugger-command to ddbg -cli=gdb  => but the
> IDE adds an .exe suffix to the command...

It will not work for now, as I the '.exe' suffix doesn't fix the
problem, requires some core changes because of order of arguments.

I tried ddbg manually to debug BDE. It started as expected, then I
received this while trying to "Open Workspace" dialog:
> Program received signal SIG Unhandled Exception: (0x6ba) at 0x767BB727
> #0 ?? () from KERNELBASE.dll
> #2 0x75e85819 in ?? () from RPCRT4.dll
> #25 0x77c99d45 in ?? () from ntdll.dll

Don't know what might cause it, but without ddbg the debugee runs fine.

--
Alex Makhotin,
the founder of BITPROX,