BITPROX's commercial IDE stopped !

Daniel Gibson metalcaedes at gmail.com
Thu Nov 4 08:27:52 PDT 2010

Denis Koroskin schrieb:
> On Thu, 04 Nov 2010 12:56:16 +0300, dennis luehring <dl.soluz at gmx.net>
> wrote:
>
>> Am 04.11.2010 09:58, schrieb Stephane C:
>>> Hello,
>>> Looking at the company blog, It seems that the people from BITPROX
>>> are about to abandon development of their IDE.
>>>
>>> blog address : http://bitprox.com/blog/blog5.php
>>>
>>> Sad news... I am personally convinced that there is little chance for
>>> a programming language to stand against Java or C# without a
>>> professional-grade IDE.
>>>

>> very stupid "its all Ds fault" like statements
>>

> I think that's just an excuse. One of the main reasons is described as
> "a financial unability to maintain because of no sales", it could be the
> main one.
> No wonder here, I'd qualify the product as an early alpha. Who would buy
> it?

Yeah, I'd never pay $150 for an IDE in alpha status that (according to their homepage) doesn't even
do autocompletion.

(Honestly, I'm not sure I'd pay that much money for any IDE - there are free alternatives and mostly
a text editor with syntax highlighting is enough. At least for smaller non-professional projects - I
guess most D projects at the moment are like that.)