BITPROX's commercial IDE stopped !

Michal Minich michal.minich at gmail.com
Thu Nov 4 15:54:44 PDT 2010

On Thu, 04 Nov 2010 04:58:05 -0400, Stephane C wrote:

> Hello,
> Looking at the company blog, It seems that the people from BITPROX are
> about to abandon development of their IDE.
>
> blog address : http://bitprox.com/blog/blog5.php
>
> Sad news... I am personally convinced that there is little chance for a
> programming language to stand against Java or C# without a
> professional-grade IDE.

Commercial doesn't mean professional.

After asking such incredible price for product which has several better
free alternatives, I'm not surprised nobody bought it. What is sad is the
blame that should be directed at Author's inability in so much time to
develop a product able to stand out of free alternatives, and with
appropriate price for it's capabilities.

It seems to me that Author itself is causal amateur programmer who
stumbled upon D, broken hes knees and now is crying out loud.

Visuald, Posiedon, Descent - to mention only few D specific IDEs I used
which are better or comparable, and there are more

I'm curious how he want to compete in C++ field. But as he says, it will
take time, in which I will totally forgot about this.