Qt Creator with D

Matthias Pleh gonzo at web.at
Wed Oct 13 13:32:15 PDT 2010

Am 13.10.2010 21:56, schrieb Anders F Björklund:
> Denis Koroskin wrote:
>>> It does require C++, and it does require Make. It's no D-only solution.
>> I'm currently working on making ddmd usable in IDE (fixing various
>> memory leaks, allowing many instances co-exist in memory etc) so that
>> same compiler instance could be used for both compilation (which is
>> now even faster because most of the stuff is still in memory) and
>> auto-completion. Most of the work I did so far, I'd call it an IDE
>> backend because it's GUI agnostic.
>>
>> I will hopefully turn it into a full-featured IDE, but I didn't decide
>> what should it be based on (if anything), and Qt Creator is certainly
>> an option.
>>
>> I'm not familiar with Qt Creator building process, but I hope it can
>> be managed manually and doesn't rely on (C/Q)makefiles only because
>> ddmd builds stuff itself (well, the whole "building" is actually
>> writing out stuff which is already pre-built in memory in most cases).
>> All it needs is a set of source files in text form, and a notification
>> once any of those have changed.
>
> It relies on Makefiles, and is in C++ so I'm not sure if ddmd is needed.
> The dmdfe could be used to add a D2 parser I suppose, to avoid the JSON.
> But that was the big part left to implement to make it par with the C++.
>
> It *is* possible to use it as a editor only for "other build systems":
> http://doc.qt.nokia.com/qtcreator-1.3/creator-generic-projects.html
> http://doc.qt.nokia.com/qtcreator-2.0/creator-project-generic.html
The D-projectmanager, I was working on, is derived on the
generic-projectmangaer. This way we could also use another buildsystem
or a compiler direct. But it should be done in a way, to support all
D-compilers (dmd,gdc,ldc,...)
I've heard, someone is working on a cmakeD2, which could be easily added
to Qt-Creator, but there isn't a releasy yet.