Qt Creator with D

Gour D. gour at atmarama.net
Thu Oct 14 02:59:42 PDT 2010

On Wed, 13 Oct 2010 22:32:15 +0200
>>>>>> "Matthias" == Matthias Pleh <gonzo at web.at> wrote:

Matthias> The D-projectmanager, I was working on, is derived on the
Matthias> generic-projectmangaer. This way we could also use another
Matthias> buildsystem or a compiler direct. But it should be done in a
Matthias> way, to support all D-compilers (dmd,gdc,ldc,...)

I was thinking whether to use CMake or Waf as build system for D and
decided to use the latter (http://code.google.com/p/waf/) which
already has built-in support for D and it is very extensible -
everything is just Python.

Matthias> I've heard, someone is working on a cmakeD2, which could be
Matthias> easily added to Qt-Creator, but there isn't a releasy yet.

So, I believe that Waf can serve very nicely.

Considering that I would use Waf with CodeBlocks as well, now I'm
curious what would be the best option as D IDE:

a) adding support to CodeBlocks

b) patching QtCreator or

c) D.Dev (http://d-dev-ide.blogspot.com/)

Matthias> > But it's something to build on, if pushing QtD as the new
Matthias> > official GUI ?

I'd say that QtD looks as the best/most_complete GUI option for
D. Considering that, what would you recommend to base D-IDE on: a), b)
or c) ?

Sincerely,
Gour

--

Gour  | Hlapicina, Croatia  | GPG key: CDBF17CA