Visual D 0.3.26 released

Johannes Totz johannes at jo-t.de
Fri Aug 26 06:07:20 PDT 2011

On 25/08/2011 08:28, Rainer Schuetze wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to announce the release of a new version of Visual D:
>
> 2011-08-25 Version 0.3.26
>
> * fixed regression in last version: single file compilation did not
> build any d files
> * single file compilation: avoid relinking every time
> * separate compile and link: no longer trashes dependencies in link step
> * goto definition, search symbol: now line number adjusted according to
> changes since last successful build
> * fix: resource files in sub folders would not build because the same
> folders were expected in the intermediate directory
> * global settings: split page into directories/settings pages to make
> option "Show build time" accessible
> * global settings: added option to disable sorting projects
> * parser now accepts "do {} while(condition)" without trailing ';'
> * project options macro $(PROJECTNAME) now uses the name in the solution
> instead of the project file name
> * fixed bad indentation of first contract
> * fixed colorization of first token after debug condition without arguments
> * "is" now always colored as operator, not as keyword
> * updated to build with dmd 2.055beta
>
> Visual D provides seamless integration of the D programming language
> into Visual Studio. It can be downloaded here:
> http://www.dsource.org/projects/visuald/

I tried it on Visual Studio 2008 but after installation, VS simply hangs
at startup. Splash screen is showing but nothing else happening. Task
manager shows slowly increasing memory usage. After 15 mins I killed it.
I tried it a few times but ultimately had to uninstall it and now
everything is back to normal.

Ideas on how to figure out what might be wrong?