DDT 0.5.0 ("Creamfields") released

Bruno Medeiros brunodomedeiros+spam at com.gmail
Tue Dec 6 09:07:51 PST 2011

On 01/12/2011 16:54, Trass3r wrote:
>>> Does DDT use a separate thread for parsing?
>>> Editing bigger files can be extremely laggy.
>>
>> It does use a separate thread for parsing (standard practice with any
>> Eclipse IDE). Doesn't mean there can't be issues causing laggyness.
>>
>> I'm getting increasingly concerned with these reports of DDT becoming
>> slow when editing large files, but I don't know how to replicate them
>> (I don't program in D with large enough files to ever come across it),
>> so unless someone gives me some test data - the files they are
>> editing, machine specs, what they were doing (just typing or also
>> doing content assist, etc.) - it will be very hard to address this issue!
>
> Ok, I'll try to come up with some test set the next time I experience this.
>
> btw, 2 other small issues:
> - if you use autocompletion when the cursor is at the start of another
> identifier, it overwrites it instead of inserting.
>
> So the cursor is left to foo, I press Ctrl+Space, choose something and
> it overwrites foo.
> Partial completion works correctly though: |foo -> dem|foo -> Ctrl+Space
> -> demangle|foo -> I choose my own demangleBla -> demangleBla| -> no foo
> anymore

Go to Preferences/DDT/Editor/Content Assist, change option "Completion
Overwrites", to "Completion Inserts", and there you go. The default
shall remain "Completion Overwrites" though, as I think that is more
sensible. (even though in JDT the default is inserts :p )

Partial completion should always work according to this preference
setting, so it's a bug that it always inserts. Opened:
http://code.google.com/a/eclipselabs.org/p/ddt/issues/detail?id=69

> - Is there a way to disable automatic builds on every save?
> I currently just delete the response file contents in D Compile Options
> and replace the command with echo "ok".

Go to Project in the main menu, deselect "Build automatically". Note,
this is a workspace-global setting, nor per project. So now if you want
to build use the menu or press "Ctrl-B" to start a workspace build: all
projects whose resources have changed since the last build will be built.

--
Bruno Medeiros - Software Engineer