Visual D 0.3.26 released

Marco Leise Marco.Leise at gmx.de
Mon Dec 26 18:52:39 PST 2011

Am 26.12.2011, 10:05 Uhr, schrieb Rainer Schuetze <r.sagitario at gmx.de>:

> Hi,
>
> On 24.12.2011 20:19, Mr. Anonymous wrote:
>> Thanks for your work!
>>
>> A small thing:
>> When debugging/running a console app using C++, the console window does
>> not automatically close, but shows a text like "press any key to exit.."
>
> I have never seen something like that in Visual Studio for C++ projects.
> Is it happening for Managed-C++? Is there an option to
> activate/deactivate that behaviour?
>
> I just tried it with C# and Managed C++ console projects in VS11, and
> they close the console window immediately.
>
>> When using D, it's quite annoying when I want to test a snippet and the
>> console exits, I have to write readf(); or similar to keep it open.

A little unrelated: In Eclipse the console is a permanent dockable window,
that gets cleared when you restart the program. It also highlights stderr
in red. It is not always better than opening a separate window and usually
has a small visible area, but it solves this problem very well. The nice
thing is that is always switches as you start the compiler or a program
that needs a console and then stays open when the process exits.