I want to develop IDE for D

alex info at alexanderbothe.com
Fri Aug 10 17:39:16 PDT 2012

On Wednesday, 20 June 2012 at 16:06:22 UTC, Alexander77 wrote:
> Hi Guys
>
> I started learning D language and I am so happy that it is so
> powerful as C# or Java. But it seems there is no fully-fledged
> IDE for D language yet. And I would like to spend my time to
> write one, I was thinking about using Visual Studio or Qt
> Creator
> for it.
>
> I would like to ask if there is any need in writing IDE at this
> moment?
>
> P.S. I already have experience writing IDE in Visaul Studio (as
> example have a look at full-fledged)

I am developing the Mono-D addin for MonoDevelop. Thanks nazriel
for mentioning Mono-D ;)!
The development is quite interesting but time intensive. Code
completion for most syntax cases and many other things are there
already - the plugin code is kept in C#, so if you're interested
- come on join me developing a very promising project :)

http://mono-d.alexanderbothe.com
https://github.com/aBothe/Mono-d
https://github.com/aBothe/D_Parser

Oh and there's a very small IDE called D-IDE that I'm developing,
too - it's based on SharpDevelop components and is extended more
and more. It contains the same code completion capabilities as
Mono-D does due to a shared Parser library base + couple of
debugging features.

http://d-ide.sourceforge.net
https://github.com/aBothe/D-IDE