I want to develop IDE for D

Henning Pohl henning at still-hidden.de
Mon Aug 13 04:23:45 PDT 2012

>>> https://github.com/aBothe/Mono-d
>>> https://github.com/aBothe/D_Parser
>>>
>>> Oh and there's a very small IDE called D-IDE that I'm
>>> developing, too - it's based on SharpDevelop components and
>>> is extended more and more. It contains the same code
>>> completion capabilities as Mono-D does due to a shared Parser
>>> library base + couple of debugging features.
>>>
>>> http://d-ide.sourceforge.net
>>> https://github.com/aBothe/D-IDE
>>
>> The problem is that the IDE I need has to support both D and
>> CMake. QtCreator has good CMake support and debugging
>> facilities and some basic syntax highlighting. So I'm thinking
>> of creating a plugin for some more editing features.
>>
>> MonoDevelop doesn't support CMake, does it? I would switch to
>> it when it would.
>
> CMake? So the classical makefile support? No, but I guess that
> it was no problem to implement this feature. Besides, why
> should it support this whereas Mono-D itself delivers a
> relatively stable build system already?

I believe in CMake as the only cross-platform build system that
supports easy use of external libraries. There are many scripts
out there to find specific libraries to automatically include and
link them.

Many well-known applications and libraries use CMake:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CMake#Notable_applications

I would really appreciate if any D plugin for any IDE would
support CMake. And QtCreator already supports CMake so it is my
IDE of choice right now.