I want to develop IDE for D

Alexander77 duzhar at googlemail.com
Thu Jun 21 08:39:37 PDT 2012

On Thursday, 21 June 2012 at 15:14:35 UTC, dennis luehring wrote:
> Am 21.06.2012 13:58, schrieb Alexander77:
>> I have written one fully-functional(auto-complete etc) IDE
>> already for VS,
>
> you mean a plugin, or? VS itself is the IDE

I mean a plugin (I don't think there is any need to write IDE
from beginning)

> btw: the buildin debugger of Studio does not work for D stuff -
> because of different Debug-Formats, VisualD got support for
> pdb-files buildin, will also try to come to this state - or
> just an Editor (which is not an IDE)

yes, I know, I had a look at VisualD already

> which programming language does your "IDE" support?

it supports Unreal Script (Java-like language), of cause it is
not so complex as D.

> Why don't you extend VisualD to your needs - or is there
> something
> wrong with the curren D source or licence of VisualD?

No, One of the option is to extend VisualD and other one is using
Qt Creator as a base for plugin. Only difference that I have
experience with writing "Language Packages" for VS and do not
experience with writing a plugin for Qt Creator

But what I really want to find out if there is any need in any
IDE or people just happy to use a text editor and a command line
compiler.