IDE written in D

eles eles at eles.com
Tue Aug 6 00:09:40 PDT 2013

On Tuesday, 6 August 2013 at 06:43:54 UTC, Trvhgoy wrote:
> On Monday, 5 August 2013 at 14:50:59 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
>> On Monday, 29 July 2013 at 16:34:27 UTC, Trvhgoy wrote:
> Oh that's good news. :)
> DWT is more what I'm looking for (not just a wrapper like GtkD).

I have a question about DWT: the fact that is (largely) a wrapper
for native widgets, that is widgets provided by the operating
system... won't make this kind of toolkit inappropriate for...
writing user interfaces of operating systems?

Imagine that one day you are writing the next version of Windows,
from scratch, in D. What you will wrap in order to provide the
widgets?

 From this point of view, I tend to think that a Swing/AWT-like
approach is the better choice. This is also why I pushed a bit
for FOX Toolkit.