IDE written in D

evilrat evilrat666 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 6 06:21:38 PDT 2013

On Tuesday, 6 August 2013 at 12:23:41 UTC, eles wrote:

> So, what a systems language should provide in its *standard*
> toolkit? Something that could be run on the bare metal and
> allow building on top of it, or something that rely on already
> having those things written by somebody else? Who will write
> this "else" and in what language, and with what library? (it
> still could be in D, but *without the support of the standard
> toolkit*)
>
> I think that providing only a wrapper of native widgets will
> make writing native widgets in D less appealing.

what? O_o
we are not talking about "native" GUI, original question is about
how much do we need an IDE(preferably written in D), i just point
that not IDE should be done first, but GUI(which provides much
more opportunities than IDE). because in my opinion(no, i'm not
UI/UX expert) we have GUI toolkit crisis, there are almost no
declarative crossplatform(i mean major OS) toolkit for writing
simple yet highly customizable UI's, with HTML markup-like,
customizable UI's without messing with
imperative(C/C++/D/whatever) code. that's how i see a "must have"
GUI lib, not all that gtk/qt/swing crap, we should program
algorithms, not ui widgets!
(i repeat, i'm not UI/UX expert, but have some little sad
experience with existing libs(except WPF))