D Development Tools 0.7.0 Preview Release

Bruno Medeiros brunodomedeiros+dng at gmail.com
Fri Aug 16 06:36:33 PDT 2013

On 16/08/2013 03:35, Rob Adelberg wrote:
> On Saturday, 29 June 2013 at 15:23:22 UTC, Bruno Medeiros wrote:
>> I've released a "Preview Release" of D Development Tools 0.7.0 .
>> It's not the final 0.7.0 release, consider it instead a beta version
>> of it.
>>
>> This preview release features the new parser that now correctly parses
>> D up to version 2.063 . It also passes all automated tests of the
>> 0.6.0 release, so it should not be too far off in quality and
>> stability from that version. But I know there are a few pending bugs
>> and areas that need to be tested due changes in the generated AST,
>> hence I'm not making it a final release yet.
>>
>> INSTALLATION:
>> You can get from this Eclipse update site:
>> http://updates.ddt.googlecode.com/git-history/pre-release/
>>
>> You need Java 7 for this. And you can't any other version of DLTK
>> (Dynamic Languages Toolkit) other than 3.0. (This mean you can use
>> Eclipse 4.x, if you don't have the later versions of DLTK there)
>>
>> For detailed installation instructions, see:
>> http://code.google.com/p/ddt/wiki/Installation
>> (but note you have to use the update site mentioned above, not the one
>> mentioned in the wiki. And you don't need to add
>> http://download.eclipse.org/releases/indigo anymore)
>
> I updated to version .0.7.0, through the check for updates, but the DDT
> and D perspectives do not show up.  They show up on the workspace (no
> colorful icons), but they are not listed in the 'perferences' and
> subsequenctly only the default editor shows up.  - windows, eclipse 3.8
>
> Thanks,
>
> Rob

This seem identical to the problem Jacob is having:
http://forum.dlang.org/thread/kuj9mk$1mbs$1@digitalmars.com#post-kul17b:2412r4:241:40digitalmars.com

To you as well:
Let me see your configuration log, it's at:
Help > About Eclipse > Installation Details > Configuration
And also the Error log, it's at "View Error Log" on that same dialog.

--
Bruno Medeiros - Software Engineer