IDE written in D

Chris wendlec at tcd.ie
Wed Jul 31 02:30:06 PDT 2013

On Wednesday, 31 July 2013 at 08:51:47 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:
> On Wednesday, 31 July 2013 at 05:32:49 UTC, Trvhgoy wrote:
>

>> In my opinion a software rendered approach would be very fine.
>> Where you can define the layout with a markup language like
>> XAML or XUL for example and the styling with a CSS-like
>> definition.
>>

> Have you seen Harmonia[1]? It was implemented along those
> lines. It was abandoned long ago, but it might be a good place
> to start.
>
> [1] http://harmonia.terrainformatica.com/doku.php

I have seen Harmonia. IMO, XML (or whatever markup language) and
CSS are a good solution. It gives you a lot of freedom. Also, a
UI tool like Glade or Interface Builder is indispensible these
days. I don't want to acutally code the basic behavior and exact
position of a widget. An utter waste of time.

JavaFX and Scene Builder are another example of markup + CSS.