Looking for a D syntax highlighter for Lazarus SynEdit

D-ratiseur ThisAdressDoesntExist at nowhere.fr
Mon Mar 4 04:31:23 PST 2013

On Sunday, 3 March 2013 at 17:51:48 UTC, Moody wrote:
> On Thursday, 28 February 2013 at 15:47:52 UTC, D-ratiseur wrote:
>> Hello, you probably know the multi-pltaform IDE "Lazarus". It
>> has a great code editor component called SynEdit.
>
> Indeed, SynEdit is quite cool.
>

>> If an advanced D user writes a D parser/tokenizer in Object
>> Pascal and a SynEdit highlighter for D, then Lazarus could be
>> used to write an awesome IDE for D...
>
> At least a tokenizer should not be a problem. A parser gets a
> bit
> more complex. Did you start such a project aleady? I'd be
> interested in seeing whats going on.

No not yet. I briefly studied how it's possible to write the
highlighter, I think it 's quite straightforward for someone who
masters D (not my case, I'm learning), furthemore there is
already a C++ example and the Delphi example shows how to make a
"highlighter with folding".
About the tokenizer it would be used for the completion or an
error insight system...but it's not the first thing to do (IMO).
I also think that the IDE could be partially be written in D, as
FPC can link obj files (not quite sure if they use the same
format ELF ? OMF ? COFF ?).
I'll put a link to the project in the future, in case there would
be one...