D lexer in Java

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Wed May 1 02:25:12 PDT 2013

On 2013-05-01 05:52, Jeremy Powers wrote:
> Spent some time a couple months ago hacking on a D plugin for IntelliJ.
>   Haven't gotten very far, but did result in a working lexer.  My day
> job got significantly crazier, so haven't had a chance to work on it lately.
>
> Wanted to have quite a bit more done before releasing into the wild, but
> thought I'd throw something out there before I head out the door to Dconf.
>
> On github:
>
> https://github.com/elendel-/intelliD
>

> It started out as a rewrite of the mono-d lexer, though ended up
> reorganizing/rewriting things a bit as I went along.  Whole thing is
> 'licensed' in the public domain, so hopefully someone will find it useful.

Cool. There are a couple of already written lexers/parsers in Java for
other plugins. Desccent and DDT for Eclipse. Descent is dead and I don't
know the status of DDT.

Descent was from the D1 days and is still the best IDE plugin for D I've
heard of. It supported lexical, syntax and semantic analyzer. With
features such as as:

* Show errors as you type (even semantic errors)
* Autocompletion with semantic support
* Compile time view. See how scope-statement is lowered to
try-catch-finally. See how mixins are expanded and so on
* Compile time debugger

http://dsource.org/projects/descent/
http://code.google.com/a/eclipselabs.org/p/ddt/

--