D lexer in Java

Bruno Medeiros brunodomedeiros+dng at gmail.com
Thu May 2 07:35:33 PDT 2013

On 01/05/2013 04:52, Jeremy Powers wrote:
> Spent some time a couple months ago hacking on a D plugin for IntelliJ.
>   Haven't gotten very far, but did result in a working lexer.  My day
> job got significantly crazier, so haven't had a chance to work on it lately.
>
> Wanted to have quite a bit more done before releasing into the wild, but
> thought I'd throw something out there before I head out the door to Dconf.
>
> On github:
>
> https://github.com/elendel-/intelliD
>

> It started out as a rewrite of the mono-d lexer, though ended up
> reorganizing/rewriting things a bit as I went along.  Whole thing is
> 'licensed' in the public domain, so hopefully someone will find it useful.
>

> (Resending this from a different email address, as first one didn't
> appear to go through.  Apologies if it shows up twice.  Also, my hotel
> has free internet, yay)

Hi Jeremy. As I mentioned in a previous thread I'm working on a new Java
parser for DDT. Maybe I should have kept people up to date, but the
lexer is pretty much done, it was completed in the beggining of
February. The parser is about 50-60% done.

This work is available in the parser branch of the DDT repo:
http://code.google.com/a/eclipselabs.org/p/ddt/source/list?name=parser

The lexer in particular is here:
http://code.google.com/a/eclipselabs.org/p/ddt/source/browse/org.dsource.ddt.dtool/src/dtool/parser/DeeLexer.java?name=parser

It's well-tested, and complete, apart from one missing aspect which is
checking that escape sequences in string and character literals are valid.

--
Bruno Medeiros - Software Engineer