[VisualD][DDOC] HTML documentation on mouse hover

Rainer Schuetze via Digitalmars-d-ide digitalmars-d-ide at puremagic.com
Sun Aug 17 14:32:19 PDT 2014

On 16.08.2014 14:51, Matthieu wrote:
> Hi !
>
> I'm looking for a way to display a basic HTML page layout for my
> code documentation on mouse hover, but I cannot find anything
> about this...
>
> The fact is that currently, the summary on hover is awful, the
> HTML tags are displayed as plain text ; the output looks like
> that:
> "
> public void myFunction(int param1)
> The function summary
> <b>Params</b>
> param1 The param description
>

> <b>Returns</b>
> The return infos
> "
>
> Is there a way to have a basic HTML interpretation for VisualD,
> like in JavaDoc with Eclipse ?
>
> Thanks !

Unfortunately there seems no way to make VS display formatted text
within it's tooltips. I guess other language services are reimplementing
them to achieve that.

I have recently added some simple Ddoc replacements here:
https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/visuald/blob/master/stdext/ddocmacros.d#L205

Some more could be added, but only text, so for example $(B text) can be
converted to *text*. (I assume you have added the html tags yourself and
have not used the corresponding Ddoc macros).