Linux, Mono-D, GtkD and linking

Bad Sector via Digitalmars-d-ide digitalmars-d-ide at puremagic.com
Sat Aug 30 15:49:39 PDT 2014

On Saturday, 30 August 2014 at 15:11:29 UTC, Orvid King wrote:
> In terms of compile-speed, as I hinted at on the IRC, compiling
> each file individually is usually going to be a lot slower than
> compiling them all at once.

I'd expect that to be the case with a few files, but what about
multiple files? Wouldn't compiling multiple files in parallel be
better in terms of performance? Or does dmd do that already if
you pass multiple files?

I have another problem now: i have set up one library project and
one executable project that depends on the library (it is set so
in the project's settings), but when i modify a source file in
the library's code, save it and hit F5 (or F8), the executable
isn't relinked (the library is rebuilt, but the executable's
binary isn't considered as out of date so it isn't relinked - i
assume Mono-D doesn't check the dependent library files?).

Is there something i'm missing or this is a bug? (i tried "link
in static/shared libraries from nested dependencies" which
sounded somewhat relevant but didn't do the trick and cannot find
any other option).