Problems with x64 build with VC2012

Rainer Schuetze r.sagitario at gmx.de
Mon Feb 10 11:05:05 PST 2014

On 24.01.2014 14:00, Szymon Gatner wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to build default main() provided with VisualD console app
> template.
>
> I am using Visual Studio 2012 Update 4 and I am not able to build in x64
> mode with error:
>
> ------ Build started: Project: ConsoleApp6, Configuration: Debug x64 ------
> Building Debug\ConsoleApp6.exe...
> OPTLINK (R) for Win32  Release 8.00.13
> Copyright (C) Digital Mars 1989-2010  All rights reserved.
> http://www.digitalmars.com/ctg/optlink.html
> OPTLINK : Warning 9: Unknown Option : OUT
> OPTLINK : Error 12: Number Overflow :
> Building Debug\ConsoleApp6.exe failed!
> Details saved as "file://c:\users\bravo\documents\visual studio
> 2012\Projects\ConsoleApp6\ConsoleApp6\Debug\ConsoleApp6.buildlog.html"
> ========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

This sounds similar to what Arjan reported just today: somehow optlink
is preferred over the MS linker (unfortunately they are both called
link.exe). Please check linker path on the "Projects and
Solutions->Visual D settings->DMD directories->x64" options page. It
should have an absolute path to avoid optlink being found first via the
PATH environment variable.

If this doesn't reveal anything, please post the buildlog or the
*.build.cmd file in the output directory.