DMD-2.065.0-b3 and VisualD x64 select optlink as linker

Rainer Schuetze r.sagitario at gmx.de
Wed Feb 12 00:43:04 PST 2014

On 11.02.2014 23:47, Arjan wrote:

>>> This seems to be the main issue: there does not seem to be a link.exe
>>> at $(VCINSTALLDIR)\bin\link.exe, so it falls back to using PATH to
>>> let the system search for it, and this then grabs optlink. What would
>>> be a correct path for your installation?
>>
>> That might be the issue indeed...
>
> No it is not, the ms link.exe is at $(VCINSTALLDIR)\bin\link.exe. I
> expanded the $(VCINSTALLDIR) to see whether or not the var is wrong or
> wrong expanded. Same problem optlink is invoked.
> After adding $(VCINSTALLDIR)\bin to the search path BEFORE dmd install
> dir. The ms linker gets invoked...
>
> Seems the option to override the sc.ini linker does not take the path
> into account.???

It seems that Visual D is not able to find sc.ini at all. It tries the
project folder, $(HOME)\sc.ini,
<dmd-installation-path>\windows\bin\sc.ini and searching dmd.exe through
the PATH including the 32-bit (?) executable paths specified in the options.

Overriding the LINKCMD settings does not work if sc.ini is not found. I
guess this is stupid and should be changed.