Setting up GDB debugger with Eclipse

Michael Sentinella mikeandmarjo at gmail.com
Sat Feb 22 03:27:05 PST 2014

On Wednesday, 19 February 2014 at 14:42:26 UTC, Bruno Medeiros
wrote:
> On 17/02/2014 22:32, Michael Sentinella wrote:
>> On Sunday, 16 February 2014 at 14:10:03 UTC, Michael
>> Sentinella wrote:
>>> Hi, I'm new to this group and Eclipse. I have installed
>>> Eclipse with
>>> DDT and GDB  and the debugger steps through a HelloWorld.cpp
>>> successfully, but a DDT project doesn't do likewise. The
>>> HelloWorld.d
>>> prints the correct output to the console but there doesn't
>>> seem to be
>>> any debug activity.
>>>
>>> Here are some screenshots of the Eclipse menus:
>>>
>>> http://tryimg.com/4/ejnj.png
>>
>> Oh, I forgot this one:
>>
>> http://tryimg.com/4/ekxk.png
>
> The "no symbol table load" message indicates the file does not
> have debug information compiled in. How did you compile the
> executable?

The "no symbol table load" message only displayed a few times. I
think I compiled it using  Project -> Build Project and this is
how I ran the executable:

http://tryimg.com/4/empty.png

This is where I am at with the debugger, it says it has no line
number information:

http://tryimg.com/4/nolin.png