No intellisense in latest VisualD

Rainer Schuetze r.sagitario at gmx.de
Sat Jan 11 00:26:56 PST 2014

On 09.01.2014 12:40, Frustrated wrote:
> There is absolutely no intellisense in latest Visual D for members.
>
> I have an interface in a module and reference it in main(). When I try
> to access a member from it using either ctrl-space after the . nothing
> shows up. If I change to show when typing the ., nothing shows up.
>
> Is intellisense broke, or does visual D even show it.
>
> Note that if I type ctrl-space after an identifier something does pop up
> but it's just the name of the id.
>
> if I put a class in the main project then type . after it, a list of all
> the local variables will show up BUT not the members(seems like there is
> an issue with the "level" of scope.
>
> e.g.,
>
> class a { int x; }
>
> void main()
> {
>     auto a = new a;
>     auto b = new a;
>     a.    // shows a and b after typing . but not x like it should
> }

I guess you are using the Visual D semantic engine. You are redefining
"a" inside main, making "b = new a" invalid code. This probably confuses
the semantic engine.

I also recommend switching to Alexanders engine in the intellisense
options. It seems though that the latest version does not filter out
UFCS calls if the option is unchecked.