No intellisense in latest VisualD

Frustrated c1514843 at drdrb.com
Wed Jan 22 23:10:06 PST 2014

On Saturday, 11 January 2014 at 08:26:59 UTC, Rainer Schuetze
wrote:

> On 09.01.2014 12:40, Frustrated wrote:
>> There is absolutely no intellisense in latest Visual D for
>> members.
>>
>> I have an interface in a module and reference it in main().
>> When I try
>> to access a member from it using either ctrl-space after the .
>> nothing
>> shows up. If I change to show when typing the ., nothing shows
>> up.
>>
>> Is intellisense broke, or does visual D even show it.
>>
>> Note that if I type ctrl-space after an identifier something
>> does pop up
>> but it's just the name of the id.
>>
>> if I put a class in the main project then type . after it, a
>> list of all
>> the local variables will show up BUT not the members(seems
>> like there is
>> an issue with the "level" of scope.
>>
>> e.g.,
>>
>> class a { int x; }
>>
>> void main()
>> {
>>    auto a = new a;
>>    auto b = new a;
>>    a.    // shows a and b after typing . but not x like it
>> should
>> }
>
> I guess you are using the Visual D semantic engine. You are
> redefining "a" inside main, making "b = new a" invalid code.
> This probably confuses the semantic engine.
>
> I also recommend switching to Alexanders engine in the
> intellisense options. It seems though that the latest version
> does not filter out UFCS calls if the option is unchecked.

Doesn't matter, the above was just an example with a typo. I've
tried Alexanders engine and same problem but it shows templates
and some build in functions the list. None of the members I have
created work.

It is possible it is some weird issue with my setup but it does
not do what is expected.

It might be something with demangling? I had issues getting it to
build in the first place and maybe I hacked it up that makes it
work but only partially.