Dustmite for VisualD

Frustrated via Digitalmars-d-ide digitalmars-d-ide at puremagic.com
Mon Jul 7 15:50:39 PDT 2014

On Monday, 7 July 2014 at 22:08:30 UTC, Rainer Schuetze wrote:

> On 07.07.2014 19:47, Frustrated wrote:
>> I don't know, just seems like it would be really useful?
>>
>> e.g., select an error and be able to run dustmite on it? Be
>> able to use
>> dustmite to reduce code?
>
> Interesting idea.
>
> In my experience it is not so easy to create a copy of a
> non-trivial project that dustmite can reduce, because the build
> instructions (the batch created by Visual D) are not so easily
> accessible to dustmite.

It should not be too difficult I imagine. Obviously Visual Studio
keeps tracks of all the files in the project and it would be very
simple to combine the files.

e.g., it shouldn't be hard to pass all the project files to
dustmite on the command line. I imagine Visual D could copy all
the files in the project to a temp project and run dustmite on it?

In fact, I suppose one could create a simple command that does
that automatically. I'm new to dustmite so I'm not sure how to
use it at this point but on the surface it seems like something
that is relatively easy to add yet could be very useful.