Visual D used in VS Express for Desktop like PTVS

Rainer Schuetze via Digitalmars-d-ide digitalmars-d-ide at puremagic.com
Mon Jun 9 10:00:18 PDT 2014

On 09.06.2014 03:31, stax76 wrote:
> Apparently PTVS can be used with VS Express for Desktop as stated on
> their install instructions:
>
> https://pytools.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=PTVS%20Installation
>
> Could this work for Visual D too?

Last time I checked, using non-Microsoft extensions in Visual Studio
Express was not supported. Even if you find a way, it is forbidden in
the EULA.

I'll have to check whether this changed with the latest Express
versions. I couldn't find the license text online, do you have a link?

Visual D can be used with the free VS Shell versions. The only downside
is that these don't have support for the Microsoft supplied languages
(C++, C#, etc).