Visual D always rebuilds - "This project is out of date"

David Bregman via Digitalmars-d-ide digitalmars-d-ide at puremagic.com
Wed Jun 18 21:47:28 PDT 2014

I created a new console application using visual D. Whenever I
hit f7 to build, it always does a complete rebuild even if no
changes have been made. If I try to start debugging, I always get
the popup window saying that the project is out of date even when
it's not.

I tried a few things to see if I could narrow down the cause, but
it seems to be always reproducible.

-uninstalled and reinstalled dmd + visual D (2.065, 3.38-1,
respectively), deleted and recreated the project files. I thought
this would fix any timestamp related issues.
-tried with different versions of visual studio (2010, 2012,
2013).
-tried debug/release/win32/x64

(my OS is win7 x64 in case that matters.)

Is this a known issue? Is there anything else I can try?