Setting up GDB debugger with Eclipse

Bruno Medeiros brunodomedeiros+dng at gmail.com
Mon Mar 3 06:25:31 PST 2014

On 22/02/2014 11:27, Michael Sentinella wrote:
> The "no symbol table load" message only displayed a few times. I think I
> compiled it using  Project -> Build Project and this is how I ran the
> executable:
>
> http://tryimg.com/4/empty.png
>
> This is where I am at with the debugger, it says it has no line number
> information:
>
> http://tryimg.com/4/nolin.png

When GDB says function main has no line number information, it's
referring to the C runtime main function, not the D main from
HelloWorld.d . Normally none of the C runtime will have debug information.
In that situation, if you place a breakpoint int the writeln("Hello
world!") line, and then resume execution, it should run up to that
point. Give that a try.

--
Bruno Medeiros
https://twitter.com/brunodomedeiros