Visual D bug report

Rainer Schuetze via Digitalmars-d-ide digitalmars-d-ide at puremagic.com
Wed May 21 23:11:20 PDT 2014

On 22.05.2014 01:09, Chris wrote:
> (I apologize if this is the wrong place, I found no better way of
> reporting it).

The correct place is to add it to the D bug tracker for component
VisualD: https://issues.dlang.org/

> MSVC 10
> GDC: native_2.064.2_gcc4.8.2_404a037d26_20140502
>
> When a project has more than one source file with the same name
> and a breakpoint is set VisualD may, or may not, display the
> wrong source file with the correct line number highlighted.
>
> To reproduce, create a new project with two .d files of the same
> name in different directories. Put breakpoints on code on both,
> compile and run. Breakpoints hit for one of the files will bring
> the incorrect source window, and stepping from there will
> continue to step on the wrong file. Line numbers are shown
> correctly. The other file will show correctly, maybe a case of
> bringing up the first window of the matching filename ignoring
> directory from the list.

That has happened for dmd generated executables until absolute paths for
the source files have been emitted to the debug info, so I guess that
there are relative paths in the GDC debug info. I'll check whether these
can be added by the debug info converter.