Linux, Mono-D, GtkD and linking

Bruno Medeiros via Digitalmars-d-ide digitalmars-d-ide at puremagic.com
Wed Nov 19 04:30:31 PST 2014

On 03/09/2014 14:33, Bad Sector wrote:
> On Tuesday, 2 September 2014 at 13:51:09 UTC, Bruno Medeiros wrote:
>> However, I do not know of any issues that makes DDT freeze, if you
>> have the time, I would welcome some bug reports with more info on
>> these problems. (especially with the new DDT version)
>
> Out of frustration i uninstalled everything D :-P but it was very easy
> to reproduce: Go to
> http://www.dsource.org/projects/gtkd/wiki/CodeExamples and grab some
> simple example, make a DUB json file for it and have GtkD and Derelict
> as dependencies. Then try to use auto completion - the IDE hangs for
> some time, probably trying to parse the code from GtkD and Derelict.
>
> I may try DDT again with the new version since i think i tried it just
> before you made the announcement.

I've finally gave that a try, and tried the GtkD HelloWorld.
On my machine it takes about 3-4 seconds to get the completion done with
DDT. It's not a permanent freeze, but still, there's room for
improvement for sure.

I will try to do some performance improvements for the next major
version, since my next work task is on the semantic engine already.

--
Bruno Medeiros
https://twitter.com/brunodomedeiros