I've spent hours on this one (probably simple) link error

WhatMeWorry via Digitalmars-d-ide digitalmars-d-ide at puremagic.com
Fri Oct 10 21:49:33 PDT 2014

I had a fairly large number of undefined std.xxx.xxxxx so I added
phobos.lib to my list of libraries for the linker.  But

OPTLINK (R) for Win32  Release 8.00.15
Copyright (C) Digital Mars 1989-2013  All rights reserved.
http://www.digitalmars.com/ctg/optlink.html
E:\DerelictOrg\DerelictGL3.lib(internal)
   Error 42: Symbol Undefined _D3std6string9toStringzFNaNbAyaZPya
(pure nothrow immutable(char)*
std.string.toStringz(immutable(char)[]))
Building Debug\SimpleOpenGL_3_3_Program.exe failed!

in Visual Basic Shell, for my import command:

import std.string;

the text editor has "string" colored blue. Blue is used to
signify types and reserved words.  Could Visual D be trying to
interpret the string package as the alias type string?

If so, is there a workaround?

thanks.