Linux, Mono-D, GtkD and linking

olivier henley via Digitalmars-d-ide digitalmars-d-ide at puremagic.com
Sun Oct 12 09:04:50 PDT 2014

On Wednesday, 3 September 2014 at 13:33:27 UTC, Bad Sector wrote:
> On Tuesday, 2 September 2014 at 13:51:09 UTC, Bruno Medeiros
> wrote:
>> However, I do not know of any issues that makes DDT freeze, if
>> you have the time, I would welcome some bug reports with more
>> info on these problems. (especially with the new DDT version)
>
> Out of frustration i uninstalled everything D :-P but it was
> very easy to reproduce: Go to
> http://www.dsource.org/projects/gtkd/wiki/CodeExamples and grab
> some simple example, make a DUB json file for it and have GtkD
> and Derelict as dependencies. Then try to use auto completion -
> the IDE hangs for some time, probably trying to parse the code
> from GtkD and Derelict.
>
> I may try DDT again with the new version since i think i tried
> it just before you made the announcement.

Would you be open to try something else than GtkD then...

https://github.com/d-gamedev-team/dimgui
https://github.com/nomad-software/tkd

In D, some pipelines are not mature, yet, as one would expect but
when it comes to actual coding, D just flies. I don't know your
mileage in D, but usually it is punctuated of endless self remark
such as: "seriously... awwwwwesome!", "That's it! you f***in
other language that I should not mention in public", "those guys
are brilliant", "for kids", and "prett-ay, prett-ay, prett-ay,
pretty good".

You are probably very at ease with your actual setup but you'll
still end up using two different languages, two editors, many
more files (.h, .c) and probably some suspicious code, and or
techniques, to glue everything together.

Look, you need to step out of your comfort zone to see the
light!!! lol

my two cents. :D