visual d

Ettienne Gilbert via Digitalmars-d-ide digitalmars-d-ide at puremagic.com
Tue Sep 9 00:56:01 PDT 2014

On Tuesday, 9 September 2014 at 06:27:04 UTC, remco johannes
wrote:
> On Sunday, 7 September 2014 at 20:25:31 UTC, Ettienne Gilbert
> wrote:
>> On Sunday, 7 September 2014 at 18:34:51 UTC, Remco Johannes
>> wrote:

>>> I mean winxp sp3
>>
>> Look at this page
>> http://rainers.github.io/visuald/visuald/Features.html under
>> "Supported Visual Studio versions".
>>
>> There are links for VS Shell 2008/2010/2102. AFAIK VS 2008 &
>> 2010 still runs under XP SP3, but I believe VS 21012 requires
>> Win 7 or later (at least according to
>> http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-US/a91723b3-2ffe-4937-bd63-c5bc577259ba/visual-studio-2012-install-on-windows-xp?forum=itprovistaapps.)
>>
>> I assume the same will apply for the Shell versions of VS.
>>
>> Ettienne
>
> Tnx i tried the vs 2010 shel (isolated), but that does not the
> trick. the intergrated version ov shell 2010 seems not being
> evailable anymore?.
>
> Remco

Hmm, you are right - that link is dead.

I hope someone can help you that actually uses the 2010 Shell and
have gone through the installation (I use VS 2008 Proffesional)
but I had a quick look online anyway...

It seems the 2010 Shell is now part of the
Visual Studio 2010 SDK (see
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb165336%28v=vs.100%29.aspx),
which can be downloaded from
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=2680.

But I'm afraid you will need to check the SDK documentation
yourself if someone else does not comment, as I have not
installed or used any of the VS Shell products.

Ettienne