VS2013 VisualD OPTLINK : Error 2: pointing to a directory

ParticlePeter via Digitalmars-d-ide digitalmars-d-ide at puremagic.com
Mon Apr 6 05:32:10 PDT 2015

Hello Community,
I have freshly installed VS2013 on Win8-64 and VisualD 3.40,
optilink and VS Linker ( using MS-COF ) have a similar wired
problem. I have no issues linking dub ( same projects as with
VisualD ) and CPP projects.

OPTILINK:
Building Debug\myApp.exe...
Access is denied.
Access is denied.
Access is denied.
Access is denied.
Access is denied.
OPTLINK (R) for Win32  Release 8.00.17
Copyright (C) Digital Mars 1989-2013  All rights reserved.
http://www.digitalmars.com/ctg/optlink.html
OPTLINK : Error 2: File Not Found E:\Code\DLang\myLib
Building Debug\myApp.exe failed!

MS linker with MS-COF:
Building Debug\myApp.exe...
Access is denied.
Access is denied.
Microsoft (R) Incremental Linker Version 12.00.31101.0
LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'E:\Code\DLang\myLib'
Building Debug\myApp.exe failed!

Both the errors inform me that the linker cannot find a FILE, but
the path is a (existing!) DIRECTORY. I do not build and use
myLib.lib in the myApp project but instead I use the source files
from myLib as additional imports. These source files are located
in E:\Code\DLang\myLib\source. I have no idea why the linker is
directly using the path E:\Code\DLang\myLib for whatever.
I also don't hav a clue why the access is denied. No older
version of myApp.exe is running, and I checked the
write-protection attributes of all the files and folders.

Any idea whats going wrong ?

Regards, ParticlePeter