Best IDE

"André" via Digitalmars-d-ide digitalmars-d-ide at puremagic.com
Wed Aug 5 14:09:33 PDT 2015

On Thursday, 30 July 2015 at 00:20:12 UTC, Brandon Ragland wrote:
> Just curious who thinks what IDE is best?
>
> I don't think any IDE is perfect, and I've been using Eclipse
> with DDT and have been having a good time with it. However I
> don't particularly like Eclipse much, and was wondering what
> others though?
>
> I don't use Windows myself so I couldn't use VisualD or
> anything like that or try it out.
>
> -Brandon

I use QtCreator for my daily C++ stuff and I really got used to
it because it has a very good code editor, project management and
version control integration. If you learn all its shortcuts you
don't need to leave your fingers from the keyboard anymore. And
there is a D plugin using DCD for code completion:
https://github.com/Groterik/qtcreator-dlangeditor
And this plugin (by the same author) enables DUB project
integration: https://github.com/Groterik/qtcreator-dubmanager. I
am using both plugins with QtCreator on a D project and I am very
satisfied with that solution..

Cheers,
André