Visual D 0.3.43 beta1 available

Rainer Schuetze via Digitalmars-d-ide digitalmars-d-ide at puremagic.com
Mon Dec 7 00:09:33 PST 2015

On 06.12.2015 01:16, Andrew LaChance wrote:
> On Thursday, 5 November 2015 at 22:12:39 UTC, Rainer Schuetze wrote:
>>
>> Now updated to a new beta:
>>
>> https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/visuald/releases/tag/v0.3.43-beta2
>>

> Hello!  A small issue I noticed: If I create a configuration for x64,
> visual studio doesn't know that this means version(Win64) is true and
> version(Win32) is false, as seen here:
>
> http://imgur.com/Gui9rYz
>
> I verified that a pointer (using .sizeof) is 8 bytes with x64
> configuration and 4 bytes with x86 configuration, so it's just the
> editor that doesn't know.

Thanks for reporting. You can also file issues at
https://issues.dlang.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=D

It seems that this happens for files that are not part of a project. It
can be ambiguous what versions have to be defined for the source file,
but Win64 should be taken from the selected platform. I remember having
trouble detecting this setting for "compile and run", too.