Visual D 0.3.40 unable to build projects under path names with spaces

finalpatch via Digitalmars-d-ide digitalmars-d-ide at puremagic.com
Mon Feb 2 02:35:23 PST 2015

Hi Rainer,

Are you saying you don't see this issue with the latest
development branch?
I was referring to the prebuilt 0.3.40 binary at
https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/visuald/releases , so
maybe this has been fixed in the repo.

To be precise, the project templates can generate valid projects,
but because the build commands created by visuald do not quote
the path correctly, the project fails to link, and results in
weird link errors, such as unable to link "user.lib" or
"studio.lib".