Visual D 0.3.40 unable to build projects under path names with spaces

Rainer Schuetze via Digitalmars-d-ide digitalmars-d-ide at puremagic.com
Tue Feb 3 13:24:28 PST 2015

On 03.02.2015 11:08, finalpatch wrote:
> You are absolutely right! I remember I have disabled short file names on
> my NTFS volume that's why long names with space get in there!
>

> On Monday, 2 February 2015 at 19:06:08 UTC, Rainer Schuetze wrote:
>> Maybe there is something wrong with the "short" names?

I didn't know it was possible to disable these...

Unfortunately, optlink (the linker that comes with dmd) fails to work
for some cases when there are spaces in the filename, e.g. the response
file name. Visual D could avoid that by specifying relative paths, if
the spaces are in a name of a parent directory. But it still fails if
your output directory name contains spaces (e.g. by reusing the
configuration name).

Visual D provide some fallback for most cases if the short name
conversion fails, though.