Exception with current version of dmd(2.066.1) and VisualD (v0.3.40)

Vincent R via Digitalmars-d-ide digitalmars-d-ide at puremagic.com
Wed Feb 4 11:21:59 PST 2015

Hi,

I have been an enthusiatic supported of the D language a few
years ago and I was curious to see the progress thta have been
made and especially on the Windows platform and its integration
with Visual Studio.
So I have installed the current stable version of dmd and Visual
D on my Windows 8.1(x64) OS and I have created a new Windows
application project.
When I start it through the debugger (in debug configuration) I
get the following exception :

First-chance exception at 0x75A22F71 (KernelBase.dll) in
WindowsApp1.exe: 0xE0440001 (parameters: 0x0041DB50).

What am I doing wrong ?

By the way we are in 2015 , so it would be cool to offer a
password recovery for this forum and to explain what is the use
of the email address because when we click on the question mark
we can see this :

"When posting, you need to indicate an email address. It doesn't
need to be a valid one; this software will not send anything to
the specified address."

A bit weird...