Exception with current version of dmd(2.066.1) and VisualD (v0.3.40)

Vincent R via Digitalmars-d-ide digitalmars-d-ide at puremagic.com
Thu Feb 5 12:49:35 PST 2015

On Wednesday, 4 February 2015 at 21:50:52 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:
> On 2/5/2015 4:23 AM, Vincent R wrote:
>> it would be cool also to be able to edit a previous post
>
> The forum is a web frontend to a newsgroup.

Ok thanks for the information.
I have found some threads about WinMain and main here:
http://forum.dlang.org/thread/mailman.199.1389129967.15871.digitalmars-d@puremagic.com

and I might try it but in this case why VisualD still uses
deprecated sample code and propose to use WinMain ?
Why does it also use a deprecated method
(Runtime.initialize(SomeArg))

IS is because I have installed a few month ago VisualD and it
keeps some old template ?
if it's not the case would it be possible to fix it ?

The way of choosing between dmd and gdc also really sucks and is
really not clear because inside the settings you can declare the
two paths but you don't really know which compiler will be
choosen. From what I understand you have to choose it from the
beginning when you choose a project type...

Final remark why the compilation is done through a bat script
instead of declaring a MSBuild VCToolTask ? I suppose that
developping a VCToolTask is a bit more complicated but provides
more control over the compiler.

Please have a look here to see how to do it:
https://code.google.com/p/vs-android/source/checkout

I have already developped a Visual Studio plugin to support a
language called ObjectiveJ(from Cappuccino web framework) so if
there is some need I might find some time to contribute.