Visual D 0.3.40 unable to build projects under path names with spaces

Rainer Schuetze via Digitalmars-d-ide digitalmars-d-ide at puremagic.com
Sun Feb 8 09:27:00 PST 2015

On 04.02.2015 09:07, finalpatch wrote:
> So I installed 0.3.39 again and observed its build.cmd file,  it seems
> 0.3.39 uses relative paths. Here's 0.3.39's commands:

There were problems with configurations that had spaces in the name.
That's why the short name translation was added, but that also included
creating an absolute path. I can't remember the exact problem, so I've
now added a fix by placing the response file into the project folder
instead of the output folder if short name generation failed.