Atom IDE

WebFreak001 via Digitalmars-d-ide digitalmars-d-ide at puremagic.com
Fri Jul 31 04:31:28 PDT 2015

On Friday, 31 July 2015 at 10:44:20 UTC, Daniel Kozák wrote:

> On Fri, 31 Jul 2015 12:35:34 +0200
> Daniel Kozák <kozzi at dlang.cz> wrote:
>

>> On Thu, 30 Jul 2015 22:18:17 +0000
>> "WebFreak001" <janju007 at web.de> wrote:
>>
>> > We (me and Wild) are currently working on a plugin for atom
>> > that should take over the job of everything for D. Right now
>> > we have already added snippets, syntax highlighting (from
>> > atom-language-d) and auto complete using DCD.
>> >
>> > If you would like to try it or to help us just get it from
>> > here: https://github.com/Vild/atomize-d
>> OK I have it, but there is doc missing. So I do not know what
>> I must to do to make it works. I guess some config for DCD
>> client and server needs to be setup somewere
>>

> Ok from sources I have find out:
> "atomize-d":
>     dcdClientPath: "/usr/bin/dcd-client"
>     dcdServerPath: "/usr/bin/dcd-server"
>
> So it is better but still does not work as expected :)

Yeah, right now its still in development because we still need to
add more things. Soon we will add it to the atom package manager,
where we will add a documentation how to install everything. If
you want to install it now you just need to do this:

1. Clone the repository into ~/.atom/dev/packages/
2. Open a D project in developer mode (either from the command
line with the -d switch or from the GUI)
3. Go into Settings -> Packages -> atomize-d
4. Change dcd-server and dcd-client paths if the folder hasn't
been added to your path.
5. Change D import paths if you haven't installed D in that folder

To use it you need the autocomplete-plus package from atom. Then
you can just do ctrl+space to show the completions. This does not
work if you havent written anything (eg on empty space)