DlangIDE

Daniel via Digitalmars-d-ide digitalmars-d-ide at puremagic.com
Thu Jun 25 15:29:54 PDT 2015

On Wednesday, 18 February 2015 at 07:09:10 UTC, Vadim Lopatin
wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I'm working on DlangIDE - cross-platform IDE for D language,
> written in D language.
>
> Announcement thread:
> http://forum.dlang.org/thread/lpbwoduwbzphjdpsgpio@forum.dlang.org
>
> Creating this thread in D.ide since it's better place for
> discussions.
>
> Project page: https://github.com/buggins/dlangide
> Uses DlangUI as GUI library https://github.com/buggins/dlangui
>
> Uses DUB packages as project format.
>
> Can build, run, clean, upgrade dependencies using DUB.
>
> Current state of project - alpha version, but already usable.
>
> * Shows tree with project source files
> * Can open and edit source files from project or file system in
> multi-tab editor
> * Build and run project with DUB
> * Build log highlight and navigation to place of error or
> warning by clicking on log line
> * D language source code syntax highlight (basic)
> * Indent / unindent text with Tab and Shift+Tab or Ctrl+[ and
> Ctrl+]
> * Toggle line or block comments by Ctrl+/ and Ctrl+Shift+/
> * Select word by mouse double click
> * D source code autocompletion by Ctrl+Space or Ctrl+Shift+G
> (using DCD)
> * D source code Go To Definition by Ctrl+G or F12 (using DCD)
>
> No debugging support so far.
>
> I would like to see any feedback.
> Submit your bug reports and feature requests as issues on
> GitHub.
> Pull requests are welcomed.
>
> Let's discuss further improvements to make it usable in real
> projects.
>
> I believe having cross platform IDE for some language written
> in the same language is very useful.
>
> Best regards,
>     Vadim

Hi Vadim,

I tried building DlangIDE, but got the following error:

   Upgrading project in (mypath)\dlangide-0.3.14
   Error executing command upgrade:
   Root package dlangide contains reference to invalid package
libdparse

I'm using latest dmd and dub releases to date, and didn't cloned
the git repo but downloaded the zipped sources.
Keep in mind I'm completely newbie in D programming and maybe I
did something very obviously wrong.

Thanks for any help,

Daniel