DlangIDE

BBasile via Digitalmars-d-ide digitalmars-d-ide at puremagic.com
Thu Nov 5 07:16:11 PST 2015

On Thursday, 5 November 2015 at 15:04:17 UTC, Vadim Lopatin wrote:
> I see errors like "... not in executable format: File format
> not recognized" when trying to open executable with GDB.

Peer presure = put the pressure on people at dlang so that they
put Dwarf debug info whatever is the  plateform so that GDB could
be used everywhere with the help of a GDBMI parser library that
could be written in D...for example.

But yeah, so far, still no dwarf debug info under win...that's
why peer pressure is needed: to get an uniform way of debuging,
whatever is the plateform or the OS...

IMHO CodeView debug info and OMF objects are just so "WTF we are
in 2015 now" !