DlangIDE

Ettienne Gilbert via Digitalmars-d-ide digitalmars-d-ide at puremagic.com
Thu Nov 5 14:16:18 PST 2015

On Thursday, 5 November 2015 at 20:14:21 UTC, BBasile wrote:

> What's goin'on is that I've demonstrated that Vadim doesn't use
> its own software.
> The basic idea is that you can't use DCD at the "plugin-level"
> without finding any bug at all. In front of this idea, Vadim
> has never reported any DCD bug. So I strongly susptec him to be
> an hypocrit.
>
> :)

You know, your language is really a bit too strong!

Even if you are right (I don't actually know) and even it would
be _much preferable_ if Vadim would use his own IDE, and even if
it would be nice if he would report any DCD bugs he finds, why
the name-calling?

A hypocrite: "...a person whose actions belie stated beliefs".

Did he actually state anywhere he uses his IDE for his normal
coding every day? I cannot find any posting to that effect - so
are you not jumping to conclusions here? DlangIDE may well just
still be a work-in-progress for him as well. Maybe he has not
fully figured out if the DCD problems were on his side or on
DCD's. Maybe he has a list of DCD issues he will report in due
time. Maybe he had personal reasons that kept him away from
DLangIDE for awhile...  Why does it matter so much to you that
you have to resort to this sort of name-calling?

In addition he has also contributed a GUI library (which is more
than I can claim!), so I think he deserves to be treated as a
valuable member of this community, not insulted!

Ettienne