KDevelop plugin for D?

Thomas Brix Larsen via Digitalmars-d-ide digitalmars-d-ide at puremagic.com
Mon Nov 16 01:03:05 PST 2015

On Thursday, 12 November 2015 at 15:58:35 UTC, ParticlePeter
wrote:
> On Wednesday, 11 November 2015 at 11:40:27 UTC, Thomas Brix
> Larsen wrote:
>> On Wednesday, 11 November 2015 at 10:13:59 UTC, Shriramana
>> Sharma wrote:
>>> Seems KDevelop will be getting support for Rust and Go:
>>> https://www.kdevelop.org/news/first-beta-release-kdevelop-500-available
>>>
>>> Would be great if someone could work on a D plugin. Since
>>> Lumen already provides DCD-based completion, I guess a
>>> significant part of the work is already done...
>>
>> KDevelop uses Kate as the code viewer so Lumen already works
>> for basic code completion.
>>
>> For full integration (like colored variables) a plugin
>> providing a D DUChain is needed.
>>
>> I currently have a very limited D plugin working with KDevelop
>> 5. It uses libdparse for generating the DUChain. If/when I get
>> some minimum of features working I will upload it to gihub.
>
> That sounds great! How far do you plan to go? Du you think
> KDevelop reading dub projects could be possible?
>
> Cheers, ParticlePeter

I started out with variables, functions/methods and
classes/structs. Which is mostly working by now. I'm currently
working on imports.

I don't really have a plan.

Integrating dub for projects should be easy enough by using dub
as a library and calling it from C++.