Where is Visual-D C# code?

Rainer Schuetze via Digitalmars-d-ide digitalmars-d-ide at puremagic.com
Sat Oct 31 09:15:21 PDT 2015

On 31.10.2015 14:49, default0 wrote:
> I seem to remember that it is possible to call into managed code from
> C++ (something like C++/CLI). Would it theoretically be possible to have
> a wrapper that allows direct access to the managed .NET API from D? A
> project like this could also help improve general interoperability
> between D and the .NET platform. Not sure on the specifics about these
> things, though, and just thinking about it this seems like a stupid
> amount of work to get right.

I guess it should be possible. When debugging Visual D, you see the
transition between native and CLI on the callstack several times. AFAICT
you usually call into a COM interface that is exposed by the .NET
object. Even though these exist for Wpf objects, it's sometimes hard to
get hold of these. At least, I failed when trying to implement the
coverage margins and had to add the vdextensions C# project.

> Maybe I'm actually gonna give this a try, since I have way too many
> things to do anyways it seems to be very reasonable to start yet another
> (possibly gigantic) thing!

Good luck ;-)