VD with Project references

Prudence via Digitalmars-d-ide digitalmars-d-ide at puremagic.com
Tue Sep 15 19:09:52 PDT 2015

One problem I have with VD is that when I have multiple projects,
all using the same library I have to include it in each one. The
changes are not synchronized and this becomes a mess.

I've done the following.

Suppose my Library is at C:\Library, my main project is at C:\Main

1. I made the secondary projects depend on the main
project(project dependencies in VS).

2. I set the additional libraries to C:\Library and I've set the
"Object Files" to C:\Main\Debug\main.obj (where the main.obj is
the main project with the library in it, which compiles and
exists)

I've also set the "Library Files" to point to the
library(C:\Library), but still get the following result:

3. The errors I get are about missing symbols:

Debug\main.obj(Test)
  Error 42: Symbol Undefined _D6Coding11ObjectStore7__arrayZ
Debug\main.obj(Test)
  Error 42: Symbol Undefined _D6Coding11ObjectStore12__ModuleInfoZ
Building Debug\Test.exe failed!

Any ideas?

shouldn't main.obj contain the elements or, I guess I'd have to
use

4. I've tried some of the other settings but nothing... (adding
library path to sc.ini)

5. I don't mind compiling the library(maybe it should be in it's
own project) for each project since it is small right now. But
basically it's a no go until the problem gets solved in some way
or another. It should be nice, if one could just add a reference
to the main project like what is done with .NET