Alternative IDEs for D / Tools for working with D

André via Digitalmars-d-ide digitalmars-d-ide at puremagic.com
Thu Apr 7 12:03:30 PDT 2016

On Monday, 7 March 2016 at 23:22:05 UTC, L0g4n wrote:
> really quick:
> Does anybody know some alternative IDEs, IDEs, that are not
> listed here http://wiki.dlang.org/IDEs.

> So what are you using to develop in D (preferably compatible
> with Windows & Mac OS X)?

For some months I've been using these two plugins to enhance Qt
Creator with D support:
https://github.com/Groterik/qtcreator-dlangeditor and
https://github.com/Groterik/qtcreator-dubmanager. I really like
Qt Creator and these plugins give a good developer experience for
D too, with code completion through DCD and support for DUB. I've
used the plugins on both Linux & Mac OS X, and Windows is
supported too.

This might be not everyone's taste but I'd like to mention it
anyway: because I am working mostly on a remote box currently
I've got accustomed to using vim. I'm using this compilation of
VIM that makes it almost a full IDE including file tree, file
seaching etc: https://github.com/tlhunter/vimrc. Together with
the VIM plugin Dutyl I've got complete IDE for D just by
extending VIM.

Regards,
André